Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#3636 closed defect (fixed)

point appended on hostname option

Reported by: afidalgo Owned by:
Priority: low Milestone: Kea0.9.1beta
Component: Unclassified Version: git
Keywords: Cc:
CVSS Scoring: Parent Tickets:
Sensitive: no Defect Severity: N/A
Sub-Project: DHCP Feature Depending on Ticket:
Estimated Difficulty: 0 Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Total Hours: 0 Internal?: no

Description

A point is appended to host-name option (12) when it's setted from hook.

Details.

Scenario A (wrong)

  1. option-data for code 12 with value "statictest"
  2. hook configured for pkt4-receive removing opt 12 and setting a new one with value "mta-121212"
  3. d2 enabled with "generated-prefix": "myhost", "qualifying-suffix": "example.com"

Result: On DHCPOFFER option 12 is sent as mta-121212. (with the . appended)
Note: Same result if values from [3] are ""

Scenario B (ok)

  1. option-data for code 12 with value "statictest"
  2. no hook configured nor library loaded
  3. same config than Scenario A

Result: On DHCPOFFER option 12 is sent as statictest

Scenario C

  1. no option-data for 12
  2. hook enabled same as Scenario A
  3. same as scenario A

Result: Same as Scenario A

Scenario D

  1. no option-data for 12
  2. no hook
  3. same as scenario A

Result: d2 config is sent

expected result is scenario A without the . at the end , client is responsible to build the fqdn with host-name and domain-name (opt 15) , at least on MTA telephony devices and cablemodems also.

Subtickets

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by afidalgo

Fixed locally, under testing, will push during the day

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by marcin

Please use the project on github: https://github.com/isc-projects/kea to clone kea and issue a pull request.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by hschempf

  • Milestone changed from Kea-proposed to Kea0.9.1

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by hschempf

  • Priority changed from medium to low

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by marcin

The patch fixing the issue mentioned in the ticket description was submitted as a pull request in github. The review comments and other discussion was conducted here:

https://github.com/isc-projects/kea/pull/5

and here: https://github.com/isc-projects/kea/pull/6

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by marcin

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

I reviewed and used the pull requests as a base and I made a couple of trivial fixes to comply with Kea coding standards. I also made a fix to D2ClientMgr, proposed by Thomas which addressed 3 failing unit tests.

Since, the changes are minor and they don't really modify the code behavior, the fix for D2ClientMgr and ChangeLog was consulted with Thomas over the jabber I commit the change on my discretion.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.