Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#2173 closed defect (fixed)

AUTH_COMMAND_FAILED execution of command channel instruction 'loadzone' failed: There's no client list for class IN

Reported by: shane Owned by: shane
Priority: medium Milestone:
Component: Unclassified Version:
Keywords: Cc:
CVSS Scoring: Parent Tickets:
Sensitive: no Defect Severity: N/A
Sub-Project: DNS Feature Depending on Ticket:
Estimated Difficulty: wontifx (probably) Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Total Hours: 0 Internal?: no

Description (last modified by shane)

I got the following messages from my authoritative server:

2012-08-01 14:00:52.821 INFO  [b10-auth.auth] AUTH_SERVER_STARTED server started
2012-08-01 14:00:52.913 INFO  [b10-stats.stats] STATS_STARTING starting
2012-08-01 14:09:25.006 ERROR [b10-auth.auth] AUTH_COMMAND_FAILED execution of command channel instruction 'loadzone' failed: There's no client list for class IN
2012-08-01 15:08:19.763 ERROR [b10-auth.auth] AUTH_COMMAND_FAILED execution of command channel instruction 'loadzone' failed: There's no client list for class IN

It is set up as a secondary, but not using the in-memory data source. I think that is the problem.

Either we should not send loadzone commands from... zonemgr? xfrin? Or we should handle the case where we have no zones in auth.

Subtickets

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by shane

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:2 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 7 years ago by jinmei

Replying to shane:

I got the following messages from my authoritative server:

2012-08-01 15:08:19.763 ERROR [b10-auth.auth] AUTH_COMMAND_FAILED execution of command channel instruction 'loadzone' failed: There's no client list for class IN

It is set up as a secondary, but not using the in-memory data source. I think that is the problem.

Is b10-auth responding to normal query? As far as I can see the 'no
client list' error is not specific to in-memory, and it rather seem to
suggest your auth server doesn't recognize any authoritative zones,
whether it's in-memory or sqlite3.

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by vorner

I'd like to explain what happened and that maybe we may not want to do anything about this.

We switched to new configuration for data sources, in /data_sources. At the time of this ticket, the default for this is empty list of data sources, which means auth knows no zones at all.

However, the XfrIn? uses the old configuration ‒ Auth/database_file, which points to a database containing some zones. So it happily transfered a zone in and went to notify auth about it. Auth does not find the zone and correctly errors on it. This happens because of the inconsistency of zones XfrIn? and Auth know.

The first thing to lower the risk of this is when we merge #2133. That one changes the new default to match the old default, so the default configuration does not contain any inconsistency and the administrator would have to create it manually. The second and final thing is moving XfrIn? to use the same configuration (#2129). Then it will be impossible for the inconsistency exist.

And I don't think either XfrIn? nor Auth would be misbehaving. XfrIn? correctly notifies about new zone data. Auth correctly tells it it's being mad and that there is no data source at all to contain the zone. Such problem in configuration definitely deserves to have an ERROR log message.

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by shane

AIUI Michal's most recent changes will fix this ticket, by creating a default data source that works as it used to, and also by documenting how to configure it.

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by shane

  • Owner set to shane
  • Status changed from new to accepted

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by shane

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from accepted to closed

Okay, just tested trunk and this issue has gone away. Resolving, and thanks! :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.