Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#2110 closed task (complete)

redefine in-memory zone finder (wildcard)

Reported by: jinmei Owned by: jelte
Priority: medium Milestone: Sprint-20120918
Component: data source Version:
Keywords: Cc:
CVSS Scoring: Parent Tickets:
Sensitive: no Defect Severity: N/A
Sub-Project: DNS Feature Depending on Ticket: scalable inmemory
Estimated Difficulty: 5 Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Total Hours: 0.87 Internal?: no

Description (last modified by jinmei)

On top of #2109, we extend the new finder find() for the case of
wildcard substitution. When building a resulting TreeNodeRRset,
allocate its "wild data" buffer from some pool (maybe in the data
source client or finder) and build the expanded name label data there.

Make sure TreeNodeRRset::toWire() use that data.

See also #2150. If we agree on that approach, #2150 should (better)
be done first.

Also see #2151. Whether or not we do #2150, we'll probably need #2151
for this ticket anyway.

Subtickets

Change History (11)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by shane

  • Estimated Difficulty changed from 0 to 5

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Milestone set to Next-Sprint-Proposed

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Milestone changed from Next-Sprint-Proposed to Sprint-20120904

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Owner set to jelte
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:7 follow-up: Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Owner changed from jelte to UnAssigned
  • Status changed from assigned to reviewing

done and done!

Ready for review; I based it on #2109 (obviously), and the first commit is simply a merge of master (mostly to get #2151).

The one controversial thing is that i don't actually create the wildcard substitution name, and I hope I'm not something obvious here, but it seemed more efficient to use the Name given to find() for that (since if the result is a wildcard, that should be the name).

One half-related minor change, I added RRsig support to the test helper function textToRRset().

comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by vorner

  • Owner changed from UnAssigned to vorner

comment:9 in reply to: ↑ 7 Changed 8 years ago by vorner

  • Owner changed from vorner to jelte

Hello

Replying to jelte:

The one controversial thing is that i don't actually create the wildcard substitution name, and I hope I'm not something obvious here, but it seemed more efficient to use the Name given to find() for that (since if the result is a wildcard, that should be the name).

I think it is a clever idea and I agree that it's better than creating it.

I didn't find anything problematic in the branch. Please merge once all the branches it is based on are merged.

comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by vorner

  • Total Hours changed from 0 to 0.87

comment:11 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Resolution set to complete
  • Status changed from reviewing to closed

Thanks!

Merged, closing ticket

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.