Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#1369 closed enhancement (complete)

python ZoneFinder.find() should allow omitted parameters

Reported by: jinmei Owned by: jinmei
Priority: medium Milestone: Sprint-20111220
Component: libdns++ Version:
Keywords: Cc:
CVSS Scoring: Parent Tickets:
Sensitive: no Defect Severity: N/A
Sub-Project: DNS Feature Depending on Ticket: none
Estimated Difficulty: 2 Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Total Hours: 1.2 Internal?: no

Description

In fact, it makes more sense for python because the python most apps
using this interface (xfrin/out, eventually DDNS server) wouldn't need
to specify the additional parameters.

This should be an easy task, so I also propose updating the application
code that specifies the redundant parameters so it omits them.

Subtickets

Change History (17)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Estimated Difficulty changed from 0 to 2

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Milestone changed from Next-Sprint-Proposed to Year 3 Task Backlog

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

It would be nicer to complete this task before we use it for DDNS.

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Milestone changed from Year 3 Task Backlog to Next-Sprint-Proposed

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Priority changed from major to critical

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Milestone changed from Next-Sprint-Proposed to Sprint-20111220

comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Priority changed from critical to major

comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Type changed from defect to enhancement

comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Owner changed from UnAssigned to jinmei
  • Status changed from new to accepted

comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

trac1369 is ready for review. Should be pretty straightforward
(I'd say "trivial").

Technically this is an update to a public API, but in practice I don't
think we need to add a changelog entry for it. So no proposed entry.

comment:11 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Owner changed from jinmei to UnAssigned
  • Status changed from accepted to reviewing

comment:12 Changed 8 years ago by shane

  • Feature Depending on Ticket set to none

comment:13 Changed 8 years ago by vorner

  • Owner changed from UnAssigned to vorner

comment:14 follow-up: Changed 8 years ago by vorner

  • Owner changed from vorner to jinmei

Hello

As you say, it looks simple enough and I don't see anything bad in it, so it can be merged.

(I did meet a linker error with few pages of complains of missing gtest functions in distcheck (make && make check is fine, odd), but master fails the same way, so I believe I just didn't pay enough attention to what my system wants to update and it updated gtest).

Thank you

comment:15 Changed 8 years ago by vorner

  • Total Hours changed from 0 to .5

comment:16 in reply to: ↑ 14 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

Replying to vorner:

As you say, it looks simple enough and I don't see anything bad in it, so it can be merged.

Thanks for the review. Merge done, closing ticket.

(I did meet a linker error with few pages of complains of missing gtest functions in distcheck (make && make check is fine, odd), but master fails the same way, so I believe I just didn't pay enough attention to what my system wants to update and it updated gtest).

Hmm, I have no idea about it, but since we've recently introduced many
dynamic link / shlib tricks, it's not so surprising we encounter more
linker troubles like that.

comment:17 Changed 8 years ago by jinmei

  • Resolution set to complete
  • Status changed from reviewing to closed
  • Total Hours changed from .5 to 1.2
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.