Opened 8 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#1269 closed defect (wontfix)

NameError: global name 'EINTR' is not defined (via Ctrl-C)

Reported by: jreed Owned by:
Priority: medium Milestone: Remaining BIND10 tickets
Component: Unclassified Version: bind10-old
Keywords: Cc:
CVSS Scoring: Parent Tickets:
Sensitive: no Defect Severity: N/A
Sub-Project: DNS Feature Depending on Ticket:
Estimated Difficulty: 0 Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Total Hours: 0 Internal?: no


Pressing Ctrl-C caused Traceback:

[b10-msgq] Receive error: EOF
2011-09-29 15:35:04.152 INFO  [b10-boss.boss] BIND10_SEND_SIGTERM sending SIGTERM to b10-msgq (PID 62572)
2011-09-29 15:35:04.154 INFO  [b10-boss.boss] BIND10_SEND_SIGTERM sending SIGTERM to b10-xfrout (PID 62575)
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/site-packages/isc/util/", line 71, in serve_forever
    r, w, e =[self, self.__read_sock], [], [])
select.error: (4, 'Interrupted system call')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/", line 516, in _bootstrap_inner
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/", line 469, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/site-packages/isc/util/", line 73, in serve_forever
    if err.args[0] == EINTR:
NameError: global name 'EINTR' is not defined

This is August release and I didn't test latest. This is on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE on amd64. I did see similar bugs, but not the same.


Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by shane

  • Milestone changed from New Tasks to Next-Sprint-Proposed

Should be the same fix as ticket #848.

I grepped the code and this is the only remaining place with this bug.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Milestone changed from Next-Sprint-Proposed to Year 3 Task Backlog

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by tomek

  • Milestone set to Remaining BIND10 tickets

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by tomek

  • Resolution set to wontfix
  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Version set to old-bind10

This issue is related to bind10 code that is no longer part of Kea.

If you are interested in BIND10/Bundy framework or its DNS components,
please check

Closing ticket.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.