Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#1192 closed defect (fixed)

b10-stats-httpd_test.py not stopping and using high cpu

Reported by: jreed Owned by: naokikambe
Priority: medium Milestone: Sprint-20111025
Component: statistics Version:
Keywords: Cc:
CVSS Scoring: Parent Tickets:
Sensitive: no Defect Severity: Medium
Sub-Project: Core Feature Depending on Ticket:
Estimated Difficulty: 5 Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Total Hours: 0 Internal?: no

Description

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND           
24201 tester    30  10  100m  13m 4312 R  100  0.7  49:15.36 b10-stats-httpd    

b10-stats-httpd using high cpu, I see 97 to 100%.

This was started by a test:

tester   24153  0.0  0.0   3080  1316 ?        SN   15:30   0:00 /bin/sh -c for pytest in b10-stats_test.py b10-stats-httpd_test.py ; do \?echo Running test: $pytest ; \? \?env PYTHONPATH=/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/lib/python:/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/lib/python:/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/bin/stats:/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/bin/stats/tests:/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/bin/msgq:/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/lib/python/isc/config \?B10_FROM_SOURCE=/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build \?CONFIG_TESTDATA_PATH=/home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/lib/config/tests/testdata \?/opt/pkg/bin/python3.1 /home/tester/builder/builder/work/BIND10/20110823144001-Debian5Linux-i686/build/src/bin/stats/tests/$pytest || exit ; \?done
tester   24201 98.6  0.6 102440 13636 ?        RNl  15:30  52:06 b10-stats-httpd_test.py  

Why is it running? Why isn't it stopped? And why high CPU?

I didn't kill it yet.

Subtickets

Change History (16)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jreed

I now see this is origin/trac1175 -- see #1175. I will make a note there.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by naokikambe

Thank you for testing. Is this b10-stats-httpd_test.py? The both PIDs look same (24201). But I don't know why it doesn't stop.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by jreed

  • Summary changed from b10-stats-httpd using high cpu to b10-stats-httpd_test.py not stopping and using high cpu

Sorry yes it is. I fixed the summary to give the correct file name (it was cropped when I first looked so I copied and pasted the short name).

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by naokikambe

Hi Jeremy-san,

I couldn't reproduce this on my debian environment. But I added changes to fail test when something like a deadlock is detected. I've pushed this at 36df7f4a05a2f07cdb6cddd80a476fa53fdb3bf9. Sorry, can you test it again?

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by shane

  • Defect Severity changed from N/A to Medium
  • Milestone changed from New Tasks to Sprint-20110830

Moving to the current sprint, as it seems to be worked on now.

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by naokikambe

  • Owner set to naokikambe
  • Status changed from new to accepted

comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by naokikambe

  • Owner changed from naokikambe to jreed
  • Status changed from accepted to reviewing

comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Estimated Difficulty changed from 0 to 5

comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by naokikambe

Hi Jeremy-san,

I completed revising codes on #1175. This high CPU problem seems to be resolved on my environment. Could you run it through the buidbot? Git id is 5a98904fbd98cb2bffb816d74731e53ea03b25b5 on trac1175.

Best

comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by jreed

Okay it has been added to the auto build farm.

comment:11 Changed 8 years ago by naokikambe

comment:12 Changed 8 years ago by jreed

  • Owner changed from jreed to UnAssigned

comment:13 Changed 8 years ago by jreed

  • Owner changed from UnAssigned to naokikambe

comment:14 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Milestone changed from Sprint-20110927 to Sprint-20111011

comment:15 Changed 8 years ago by jelte

  • Milestone changed from Sprint-20111011 to Sprint-20111025

comment:16 Changed 8 years ago by naokikambe

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reviewing to closed

This problem at first happened at trac1175. That branch was already merged about one week ago.
I think this problem happened depending on the platform. But now there has been no problem related to this at buildbot test for the master since it was merged.
So I think this problem was resolved. I'm closing ticket.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.